The Preston House chef designed Hiatt’s duck tortelli
Follow this recipe and learn how to make Duck Tortelli from The Preston House & Hotel Chef Drew Hiatt.
Duck sausage filling ingredients
4 Duck leg (thigh meat), cut into cubes
1.3 Pork bacon, cut into cubes
40g roasted garlic
8g of salt
4g Whole black pepper
3g Pink salt
100g of chicken broth
50g red wine
Duck sausage filling procedure
Combine all of set 1 in a hotel saucepan and freeze until frozen to 60%.
Grind through medium dice at full speed.
Place in the blender bowl and start whipping.
Stream set 2 and increase the speed; whisk until sticky and emulsified.
3 cups of semolina
3 cups of “00” flour
20 egg yolks
6 whole eggs
2 teaspoons of HOVE
1. Mix everything in a blender with a dough hook, then mix until the dough comes together.
2. Knead the dough on low speed for 9 minutes.
3. Remove from bowl and wrap in plastic, let stand at room temperature for 1 hour then roll up.
Ingredients Smoked Tomato Sauce
½ liter of Madeira
1 smoked tomato
2 quart basic tomato sauce
1 pint of chicken broth
10g of salt
Smoked tomato sauce procedure
1. Reduce Madeira by 40%.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
3. Puree in blender until smooth.
Pickup dish ingredients
2oz of smoked tomato sauce
2oz butter fondue
6 giant prawns
1/2 oz Flower petals, picked
Food collection procedure
1. Immerse the tortelli in boiling salted water.
2. In a sauté pan, add the butter fondue and shrimp.
3. Once the tortelli are floating (about 6 minutes), add them to the pan along with the shrimp and butter.
4. Coat the broccolini with olive oil, salt and pepper and toast or sauté.
5. In another pan, heat the smoked tomato sauce.
6. In your favorite bowl, first pour the smoked tomato sauce, then with a spoon, place the tortelli on the sauce.
7. Arrange the broccolini on the tortelli, then add the shrimp on top and garnish with flower petals.
~ This recipe comes to us from The Preston House & Hotel, theprestonhouseandhotel.com