Roasted chicken and cauliflower recipe with ‘nduja
TThe job here takes about eight minutes flat and it tastes fabulous. However, you must mix the items several times during cooking. Add red onion wedges if you wish. “Nduja is a spicy, spreadable Calabrian pork salami – you can get it from Ocado or Italian cold cuts.
Preparation time: 5 minutes | Cooking time: 45 minutes
- 8 chicken thighs, with bone and skin
- 1 cauliflower, cut into florets
- 450g baby potatoes, halved or quartered depending on size
- 75 g of nduja, broken into nuggets
- 6 sprigs of thyme
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 190C / 170C Fan / thermostat 5.
- Place all the ingredients in a baking dish or a large, shallow casserole dish (about 30 cm in diameter), season and mix everything with your hands. The chicken should finish skin side up. Make sure the nduja nuggets do not rest on top or they will burn.
- Roast 45 minutes, turning everything about three times during cooking. The ‘nduja partly melts and you need to make sure it is mixed well.
- Towards the end of cooking, it is good to pour the pieces of ‘nduja over the chicken as this gives it a nice color. The potatoes should be tender and the chicken well cooked. Serve with a green salad.