Opening of the 2nd of 2 new Lowes Foods stores in the Charleston area
CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC) – Lowes Foods will open its second new store in a former BI-LO store on Thursday afternoon in West Ashley a week after opening a new store in Hanahan.
The newly renovated store, located at 3125 Bees Ferry Road, is scheduled to open at 5 p.m. on Thursday. It closed temporarily on Tuesday for the finishes to be applied, the company said.
“We are excited to reopen these stores and present a full Lowes Foods experience to our customers,” said Lowes Foods President Tim Lowe. “We appreciate everyone’s patience as we go through this delicate transition phase. I think the end result will be worth the wait, and we hope everyone stops and sees the changes.
The new stores offer several Lowes Foods Originals, which the company says are unique to their stores, according to a press release:
- The Beer Den has the best selection of crafts and beers on tap, incredibly diverse and local. Buyers can grab a pint and sip while they shop or fill up a growler or crowler to take home. There are seasonal offers of unique beers, special events and takeovers. Stop by Thursday for half-price pints or Friday for Friday night flights.
- The Smokehouse offers a daily rotation of wood-smoked meats including beef, pork, chicken and salmon, using a variety of woods to infuse flavor. You can pick them up ready to eat or ready to go and reheat.
- Pick & Prep is like having a personal sous chef. Pick & Prep offers packaged fruit and vegetables to take out and cut fresh throughout the day. The area is also open for custom orders. You only need half an onion? Need a few sprigs of mint for your recipe? Buyers can get exactly what they need, how they need it. Pick & Prep chefs slice, dice, mince or dice fruits and vegetables while you shop.
- Bread Crumb is the place to find fresh breads baked right from the store – everything from traditional sourdough and baguettes to sweet breads to savory focaccia that are perfect on their own or for a sandwich.
- Sammy’s is the perfect place to grab a sandwich or pizza for a quick lunch or dinner. Buyers can have them custom made with Boar’s Head products or something from Pick & Prep’s Smokehouse and Vegetables or choose to grab them and go. You can pull up a chair and eat in the store or take it home or work.
- The Cakery is a whimsical bakery where being square is incredibly cool. The Cakery offers delicious “yummy” square cakes in all sizes that are assembled right in front of your eyes, topped with a fresh, store-made frosting with real cream and real butter.
- Chicken Kitchen is the place to find everything chicken related – roast chicken, fried chicken, chicken wings, chicken pies, chicken fillets, chicken salad, and Cock-a-Doodle noodle soup. The chicken is fresh and never frozen, locally sourced, and raised “never antibiotics”. When the hot chicken comes out of the roasting pan, the lively chicken chandelier signals the start of Lowes Foods’ special chicken celebration, including a unique take on the chicken dance.
- Divine Cut offers the same Certified Angus ® beef served by premium steakhouses. Buyers can purchase custom cut dry aged steaks to put on their grills to make every cook feel like a special meal.
Stores will also offer online shopping through Lowes Foods to Go, SausageWorks sausages and the ever popular L’Oven cookies in the bakery.
Lowes Foods opened its other new location, located at 1000 Tanner Ford Boulevard in Hanahan on August 5.
Lowes Foods has two other stores in the Charleston area, one in Mount Pleasant and one in Summerville. Alex Lee also bought the old BI-LOs at John’s Island and Moncks Corner and moved those stores to KJ’s Markets.
Copyright 2021 WCSC. All rights reserved.