Halloween Chicken Fingers Recipe ‘Bloody Witches’ for Kids
Want something that’s easy to do and guaranteed to have young people screaming for joy on All Saints’ Eve? Look no further.
“Bloody Witch Fingers combine the fun of Halloween with a healthier recipe that’s quick and easy to prepare, ”Mary Alice Cain, an Atlanta-based dietitian who consults for General dollarFox News said. “Kids of all ages will enjoy this fall take on the classic tender chicken, and it’s the perfect protein for a weekday meal or appetizer for a Halloween party.”
HALLOWEEN POPCORN BALLS EASY TO BE A FAMILY SUCCESS: TRY THE RECIPE
Even though these chicken fingers taste amazing, they are baked, not fried.
“They start with all-white meat chicken and get their big crunch from a mix of wheat crackers and nuts that make up our delicious ghostly coating,” Cain said.
While the recipe is made with ingredients from Dollar General’s Clover Valley Value Line, feel free to use any brand you like.
MINI SOUR SPIDER WEBS TO MAKE WITH CHILDREN THIS HALLOWEEN
Bloody Witch Fingers
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15-17 minutes
Total: 30 minutes
1 lb Tyson frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts or chicken breasts of your choice, thawed
1 cup Clover Valley Braided Wheat Crackers, crushed
1/4 cup Clover Valley walnuts or shelled walnuts, finely chopped
1/2 tsp. Clover Valley Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp. Clover Valley Onion Powder
1/4 tsp. Clover Valley Paprika
1 egg from the valley of clover
1/3 cup Clover Valley Ketchup
1 tbsp. the water
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Slice the chicken breasts into 16 thin strips; put aside.
3. In a shallow dish, combine crushed crackers, walnuts, garlic powder, onion powder and paprika; mix well.
4. In another shallow dish, whisk together egg and water. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then in cracker mixture, coating completely on all sides. Place on a baking sheet.
5. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink in the center. Serve immediately with ketchup on the tips of chicken “fingers”.
CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO OUR LIFESTYLE NEWSLETTER