Easy Instapot Recipe: Honey Garlic Chicken Tacos
DAVENPORT, Iowa (KWQC) –Nina Struss RD, LDN with Hy-Vee explains why adding a pressure cooker to your kitchen appliances can help make eating easier. In the previous interview and demo, we learned five ways this handy gadget will save time in the kitchen, and we watched Struss load the stove. In this segment, we see the big recipe unfolding. The chicken dish is an example of a delicious recipe perfect for the whole family to close National Family Meal Month.
Instant Honey Garlic Chicken Tacos (For 6 persons)
- ¾ cup Hy-Vee honey, divided
- ½ cup Hy-Vee ketchup
- ½ cup Hy-Vee sodium-free soy sauce
- 5 tablespoons Sriracha sauce, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tbsp chilled ginger paste
- 2 teaspoons of toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Stubb’s chicken sauce with sea salt, honey, garlic and mustard
- 1 lb Hy-Vee Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1 pkg. (4.5 oz.) Hy-Vee Hard Taco Shells (12 shells)
- Avocados, seeded, peeled and sliced; To serve
- Radishes, cut into matchsticks; To serve
- Green onions, sliced; To serve
- Crumbled Cotija cheese; To serve
Everything you do:
1. Combine ½ cup of honey, ketchup, soy sauce, 3 tablespoons of Sriracha, garlic, ginger paste, sesame oil and chicken rub in a medium bowl; put aside. 2. Place chicken thighs in a single layer in a 6 quart instant pot. Pour the honey mixture over the chicken. Lock the cover in place and set the valve to the sealed position. Cook on high pressure for 15 minutes. Allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes. Place a towel over the relief valve; switch to the ventilation position (Quick Release) to release the remaining pressure. Carefully remove the lid to allow the steam to escape. 3. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board; reserve 1 cup of the cooking juices in the slow cooker. Shred the chicken using 2 forks; return the chicken to the juice in the slow cooker to keep it warm. 4. Combine the remaining ¼ cup of honey and the remaining 2 tablespoons of Sriracha in a small bowl. 5. To serve, place chicken in taco shells using a skimmer. Top with avocados, radishes, green onions and Cotija cheese; drizzle with honey-Sriracha mixture.
Copyright 2021 KWQC. All rights reserved.